Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Steve Ballmer steps from Microsoft edge

About six months after his retirement as CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer has sold his seat on Board of Directors effective immediately, citing a busy schedule and the confidence of current and future financial company performance.

"As I approach the six-month mark of my retirement and appointment as CEO, I am reflecting on my life, my current property of Microsoft stock and my involvement with the company," Ballmer said his successor, Satya Nadella, in a letter made public Tuesday. "I have reached some conclusions and I wanted to share with you."

[Find out what topics and issues affecting tech biggest names and news makers in IDGE Insider CEO Interview Series. | Blogs by Online Tech Fund Bill Snyder to read what key business trends mean for you. ]

Since leaving Microsoft, "I became very busy," Ballmer added, citing his purchase of the team to basketball Los Angeles Clippers, civic activities and teaching. "I have confidence in our mobile-first approach, cloud-before and in our emphasis on primary innovation and productivity".

Ballmer noted that he owns Microsoft shares more than anyone else apart from index funds and expects "to continue to hold that position in the near future."

Overall, "given my confidence and the multitude of new commitments, I'm taking on now, I think it would be impractical for me to continue to serve on the Board, and it's better for me to go out," Ballmer added.

NADELLA thanked Ballmer in a letter of his, which was published Tuesday.

"It was a great privilege to have worked with you and learn from you," Nadella said. "Under your leadership, we created an incredible Foundation that we build ... and Microsoft thrive in the mobile world-first, cloud-first. While the insights and leadership will be missed enormously as part of the Board of Directors, I understand and support your decision. "

Chris Kanaracus covers the software business and General technology breaking news for IDG News Service. By Chris ' email is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for reading our blog. We will be very happy if you leave your valuable comment here.